Beware, some files may have errors, so review before distributing. These were kindly collected and shared by SFSU GTAs from 2008.
Various sample quizzes for MATH 59, 60, and 70 along with outlines per day for MATH 60 and 70 courses.
- Syllabus,_Fall_07,_Math_59.doc A sample syllabus for MATH 59, from Fall semester 2007
- Spring_08,_Math_60.doc A sample syllabus for MATH 60, MWF class, from Spring semester 2008--it has been slightly updated with MSLO data.
- Class_Outline,_Fall_07.doc A basic outline for two MATH 60 courses (one TTh and one MWF) Outlines the material covered in each lecture, labeled by days and weeks, and includes time for tests on each chapter--no weekly quizzes.
- Class_Outline,_Spring_08.doc A basic outline for a TTh MATH 70 course. Outlines the material covered in each lecture, labeled by days and weeks, and includes time for three tests and the final--no weekly quizzes.
Sample exams, including Chapter Tests, midterms and finals.
In Class Activities
In class activities, including worksheets; some copied from the actual math binder.
- Pre-Algebra_Test_With_Errors.pdf . A prealgebra test for Math 59, 60 with lots of errors. Students should try to find all the errors.
- Section_2.5_Word_Problems.doc A worksheet of word problems from Chapter 2.5: good to use with the guess and check method.
- Graph_Paper.pdf Blank graph paper! To pass out with Graphing problems.
- GraphingPicture.pdf A fun way for students to practice their graphing skills in regards to (x,y) coordinates. Recommend you use with the graph paper and do not give out to the students--make them listen as you read off the points so everyone is going at the same speed and no one can cheat.
- Section_6.7_Word_Problems.doc A worksheet of word problems from Chapter 6.7 -- some are tricky.
- Chapter_7_Word_Problems.doc A worksheet of word problems from Chapter 7--useful for students to be able to underline the important parts of the question and so everyone can read the problem statement at the same time.
- GraphingInvestigation.tif Just a picture of an activity from the binder
- Flag_Hoist_Worksheet.pdf . This is a nice activity that is a good introduction to interpreting graphs and ideas of slope, as well as changing slope.