The National Challenge
This software addresses one of the great challenges of our time. With so many new initiatives and collaborations, we are faced with the growing difficulty of naming said projects with catchy acronyms.
The beginning of the solution is here. No longer must our world community be cursed with unpronounceable, un-recallable acronyms like CSPCC or TCAAP.
The miracle begins at Auto-Acronym (Abbreviation-Uncovering Technology Online, Aiding Construction and Rapid Origination of Naming for Your Meanings).
- Automatically creates acronyms from source text
- Accepts very large source texts
- Specify length of acronyms
- Optional filter of common words, profanity and negative words
- Allow acronyms with 1 or more letters unmatched (so you can fill in yourself)
- Option to target specific list of acronyms.
- Expand possible acronyms by allowing synonyms of source text. (uses WordNet 3.0)
Free to you, but if you find any useful ones (or merely funny ones), you are morally obligated to tell me about them at drerichsu at gmail.com.