Predecessor software to BFC3. Here is the original information page, with a live link to the last public software package.
This update has a number of neat features.
- Search KwikiEH (a cool, fast, boolean search with wildcards)
- RSS KwikiEH (an auto-detectable RSS feed, highly-customizable to cover and omit the pages to track)
- Page History KwikiEH (ways to get more advanced access to page edit history)
- Invisible Codes. You can now add codes to lines like [.code1 code2] which are invisible, but which are searchable as .code2. You can put together a freeform editable database in this way.
- Printable Versions of pages (no navigation column, border, or footer)
- This requires a Unix machine.
- Make a subdirectory/ in your cgi-bin directory.
cd subdirectory && tar zxvf KwikiEH-1.1.tgz
- Make sure to copy KwikiEH.css to someplace you can see on the web and to enter that location into config.yaml.
- At this point, the Kwiki should run when you call <[http://yoursite/cgi-bin/subdirectory/index.cgi%3E http://yoursite/cgi-bin/subdirectory/index.cgi>];
- You should finish installation by following the directions at your new kwiki home page.
The database runs even faster when you enable Storable and DB_File. If you can’t get those installed on your machine, comment those relevant lines out at the start of the subroutine initialize_databases() in local/initDatabaseEH.pm, and it will try to fall back to SDBM and Data::Dumper. Adding Storable helps the most. If you don’t use DB_File, it falls back to SDBM which has glitches, compared to DB_File; the kwiki will work but the search may be flaky.
If you already have an older kwiki, you can import it as follows:
- copy recursively database/ and metabase/ from your old Kwiki to your new one
- run sh install.sh again
- go to the admin page and reindex your search database.
Good luck! This software comes with no support or guarantees. Like Kwiki, this software is released under the Perl Artistic License. But if you have polite requests or bug information, let me know at email@example.com.